Getting ready for a new look in 2018? An elegant, elevated design will be trending, and with it a high standard for contemporary looks. Sleeker lines of furniture will be front and center, but that modern edge will be balanced by warmer textures. Eclectic style is still going strong, too, so keep doing you.
Here are some more design trends for 2018:
- Beige and brown will replace grey in neutral looks.
- Geometric patterns, from wallpaper to upholstery, from backsplash tile to textured walls.
- Colors return to the kitchen.
- Softer, richer fabrics like velvet will be in.
- Metallics like brass as accent pieces.
- Black and white schemes will be tempered with warm caramels and browns, organic accents, and tribal patterns.
- Typography statement pieces for smaller finishing touches.
- Rich, intense colors and moodier, darker interiors will rule—no more white walls!
- Iridescent accents, from luminescent tiles in the bathroom to pearlescent inlays in the coffee table.
- Marble will be big, but remember to contrast it with things like reclaimed wood to maximize its impact.
- Red, gold, and orange bright spots will add punch fearlessly.
- Natural wood pieces will provide a harmonious contrast to our high-tech lives.
- Sinks will move away from stainless and white, and toward materials like concrete, copper, granite, and stone.
- Plants, succulents, and natural accents like bamboo, sisal, and jute will organic contrast to modern spaces.
- Interesting, artistic tableware—even mismatched—will be the look at dinner.
- Fringe comes back to throws, pillows, rugs, and curtains.
- Floral patterns in contrasting colors.
- Mirrors in unusual shapes.
- Vintage and DIY lighting fixtures.
- International décor will add a cosmopolitan feel and visual interest.
- Concrete as a decorative element in floors and countertops.
- Interesting, funky lanterns.
- Minimalist bedrooms will offer a calm vibe.
Get the look that’s perfect for your life in 2018 at Fashion Furniture.